Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend Adventures

It's no secret that I avoided (boycotted) non smoking places. So I actually miss out on a lot of fun. Friday night my friend and I went to a knitting event. Now before you judge, just know we enjoyed munchies, beer and wine, lots of laughter and good company. I am not a drinker, but it is fun to watch others. The point is.....ONE cigarette all evening!

Saturday night I actually accepted an invitation to a non smoking friend's house. THAT is a first! Joe and I joined 2 other couples for a fun evening and I really was not miserable. I went outside when the craving got bad, lit up....took my little fix and put it out. I made that same cigarette suffice for the evening, visiting it twice. (They are nasty on the re-light).

Now of course, I stopped for a cup of coffee and lit up on the way home, but the miracle is that I am starting to go places, do things and have fun without smoking. I am making progress every day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!! I hope you can come to Mothers Morning on Tuesday!

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

WOW!!! Good for you, mom. You wll probably enjoy Thread Bear more now, too, since it won't keep you away.