Friday, March 20, 2009

I Have to Admit.....

I am feeling better! Now I am not talking about the EXTREME cravings for cigarettes that I fight every minute of the day OR the headaches from withdrawal, but I have had more energy. Mentally, I am feeling energized because I am doing something positive for me. I've only had 2 cups of coffee today!

My daily drop in smoking is sometimes only ONE cigarette less on some days, but it is still less. I figure the less nicotine in my system, the easier it will be on that final COLD TURKEY day. God, I dread that day!

I have received advice from friends to use the crutches and I certainly plan to. Right now it is retraining time. I do not HAVE to have every cigarette I crave. Just thinking about saying no and delaying it, is a miracle for me. I have smoked 7 today so far. It is a far cry from a week ago.

Nights are tougher. As I've said, light 'em and let 'em burn. I hate those because they kill my daily numbers. I am going to work on them soon. For now, I am happy with myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mona, I am so proud of you! I love reading your progress. I guess the image of you in my head needs to be altered...you sitting at the table, barefoot, with a cigarette in one hand, the phone in the other (before PC's and knitting) and a cup of coffee in front of you. Right?!
Keep up the good work! XOX

Unknown said...

Wow, I am so proud of you, you're really doing it!!

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Oooo..numbers you have to be accountable to...now that is something you like! Good for you and keep up the good work!!!!!