Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Story Blanket

I have been knitting for months on a blanket made up of all my scraps of yarn and many that I have gotten by trading with other knitters by trading yarns. Today I received a request to use the photo of my blanket for an auction to benefit a children's reading program.

The project was fashioned around this children's book about a woman who had a beautiful blanket that she spread in the park for the children to sit on while she told them stories. When she noticed a child needed something warm, she unraveled a bit of her blanket to create warm socks and mittens.

2 comments:

Jim Hall said...

You didn't unravel any of your yarn from the socks you made for the amputees, did you. If you had, you could have made the 'Mother of ALL Quilts'.

Anonymous said...

Only my sister would make socks for amputees. Probably ones with a foot amputation.