Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Too Much to DO


Everyone knows the most efficient way to completion, is to have a "to do" list. Just reading mine at the moment is enough to make me want to check in at the local looney bin. It is currently 5 pages long (school notebook paper) and growing.

The kids are always saying, "Mom! Just make a list!" so I did. Joe recently said something about "If you want things done, make a list". I wish you could have seen his face when he read it. To be honest, he glanced at the 5 pages and walked away quickly. That means no more excuses from the family. The list is published!

Yardwork, (and more yardwork), painting, fixing and more fixing. It seems there has been a lot let go over the past couple years and it is all really starting to bug me. Since I am not much use with physical labor, this puts me in the role of the Slave Driver. Joe and Andy spent the weekend digging fence posts out and trimming trees, Catie raking and helping haul brush. Catie's room is empty and waiting for paint. I went to Walmart to pick out color chips. Sounds fair to me.

With Andy's Open House coming quickly, it is a motivation to get everything crossed off. I cannot imagine what a relaxing summer it could be if "The List" was empty. Does it ever get empty?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No. it does not get empty. Sorry to have to be the one to break it to you!

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

OMG I hope you get it all done BEFORE I get there!!!!

laurie said...

no work on friday! *subtle noodge* ;-)

Unknown said...

not 'slave driver' how about 'supervisor'