Monday, March 2, 2009

Memory Keeper Blankie



There is no sense pretending that I don't have a "Yarn Stash" addiction. I tried hiding it in various places and Joe finally decided to clean out a closet and I was busted! Oh, well........I could have worse habits! I tell myself it will all get used, since I now knit every minute that I am not forced to be otherwise productive. I can parent quite well, knitting needles in hand.

The best news for me this month is a project that knitters call a "Stash Buster". I am creating a Patchwork Quilt, by knitting. Using a bit of every yarn I own and trading with others, who call themselves the Memory Keepers, has turned my stash into this work in progress.



The Memory Keepers Blankie is a good name for this project, since there is a bit of every sock I have ever knit and quite a few that I planned to knit, along with the memory of friends who are helping to contribute to this project.

My favorite part? The project itself is addicting! I love playing with each new color and deciding where to place it.

2 comments:

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

I love how colorful it is! Actually, I think it is prettier than the one at Matt and Rob's. Don't tell them that, though :)

Lindsay Potter said...

I blame you for my current addiction Mona!! Yours is beautiful, and I'm enjoying the yarn we swapped. Happy Knitting!