Saturday, August 2, 2008

Another Week of Summer Gone

They say time flies when you are having fun and summer is flying by fast. My fun these days is so different from what it once was. I enjoy just being home with my family and making it feel like home.

What does home feel like?

It is fresh laundry folded on the table, waiting for kids to take it away.

It is something baking in the oven (by Catie, of course)

Home is noise, often lasting till the wee hours, courtesy of teens

Home is Mom, sitting on the couch knitting another UFO (unfinished object)

Home is Grandma helping in the kitchen.

Home is a place where lots of friendly dogs live (and a cat that bites)

Home is where dinner is served to anyone who happens to be here

Home is Dad's BarBq, Mom's Shepherd's Pie and lots of Tacos & Chin Spaghetti

Home is a guitar playing softly from the basement

Home is filled with girly giggles, jumping grandchildren and puppies

Home is a million neighbor kids jumping on the trampoline

Home is wrestling & football equipment and lots of cologne


Home is NEVER finding a completely clean bathroom



Life has changed. Change is good. This has been a blessed summer. I thought I was cursed with chronic pain, but realize I was blessed with the gift of time with my children. As my Dad used to say, "When life gives you lemons....make lemonade."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said Mona.

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

awesome post. BUT THE CAT DOES NOT BITE!!!! (give her a kiss for me)