Sunday, July 6, 2008

Missin' My Kids!



I woke up this morning and realized that I am just missing my grandkids. It has been a couple of week since I got hugs from Daniel and Alexis, about a month since I saw that beautiful smile of Tate's and far too long since Nick and Cameron were in my arms. Life isn't fair.


I read all the old novels about family living close and gathering regularly. We lost Karen last year, Joey is in Kansas, and Cat is in London. How did all that happen and why? Laura is great about making sure we get to see the kids, thank God, but I long for what cannot be. I want Sunday BarBQs with my whole family.



With Joe sick right now, I just can't pull it off alone, but I am committed to spending time with the kids. To see Tate, means I start saving $$ for a ticket to London. Groan! No way around that one.



Nick and Cam live only 20 miles away and I will find a way to get a message to their Dad. Summer is running fast.....but we still have July and August to play. Catie, Nick, Cameron, Daniel and Alexis can have a good time together and I am sure if Joe isn't up to it, Laura will help me.



When Cat returns from London, I will convince Joey to come home and we will have a big party where I can put my whole family together, if only for a day. Until then, I will find a way to get the children all together soon. They need it and I need it.
It is the important part of life, beyond all else. Family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Time and place!! Daniel has been asking about Grandma :)