Friday, January 4, 2008

A True Vacation Day...Sort of

When you stay in your PJs for 24 hours, it is a TRUE vacation day. Ok, I admit to cleaning up and changing PJs, but no trips out into the sub-zero temperatures yesterday for me. It didn't even matter that I went into high gear on organizational and cleaning projects, it was a choice, not a "must". Joe hooked up his "Surround Sound" gear in the living room....(I wasn't consulted on that project) and enjoyed puttering around all day.

He accused me of going from one project to another...who me? However, I am in the midst of packing up all heirlooms, china, etc. I also wanted to clean up my bedroom, which led to making piles....bills and filing, tax records, stuff to shred, stuff to throw away...you get it, right?

Then I continued to try to put away things that had made their way into my room. Hmmmm, where to put them? The first hall closet is stuffed....better straighten it up...what are the tableclothes doing up here? I'll make a pile to take down to the OTHER closet. I will clean that one too....maybe tomorrow?

Have to run downstairs to check on some laundry...hmmm....I have an idea! I will take the HUGE TV that Joe doesn't want to get rid of (even though it is broken) and move it into the utility room so I can clean the family room! I just found my scrapbook scissors that I have been hunting for! (Mikey had them)Then I will go out to the back porch to put them away and let the dogs out....I think I will just sweep up while I am here! Oh yeah...I forgot....I was cleaning the bedroom, I think.

Hey Catie! It is time for Dr. Phil! Let's just lay on my bed and watch.

Yeah, there is a pile of tablecloths in the hall, a bin half filled with china in the living room, a half cleaned family room, half swept porch and it is time for a nap. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.........

1 comment:

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

LMAO!!!! SO funny and I can picture the whole thing in my head. The best part was the "Catie, time for Dr. Phil!"