Monday, January 1, 2007

QUILTING


I got a new sewing machine for Christmas. It was just what I needed to get back into quilting and sewing. I had gotten SO into scrapbooking and knitting that I had no time to sew. I continued to collect fabric, always with a quilt in mind.

There is a basket filled with pretty pastels, just waiting to turn into little girls quilts. There is a collection of blues and a pattern that is waiting for Michael. There is a complete quilt in green.......hmmmm, not sure who gets that one.

Then Joey's quilt was stolen. Cat, Karen and Joey have all used their quilts so much that it makes a mother's heart melt. I can't let them be without one. Black and Red, Joey said. The wheels started turning. 3 trips to the fabric store later and my legs are aching from standing at the cutting table.

The initial building of a quilt takes WORK. Cutting and cuttimg and measuring. The sewing part is the pleasure. Sometimes I can convince Joe to cut for me. We made one for Debbie last year....I say "we" because Joe cut every piece.

So, in case any of you are wondering, if I had a cutter, EVERYONE would have a new quilt!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh man, how did i miss this post!! My new curtains are green :D That green quilt would fit right in. What kind of cutter is a quilt cutter?

Anonymous said...

It looks like a pizza cutter, for fabric!

Anonymous said...

JUST figured out the "green" comment....NOW I know who that is for!
Love you!