Saturday, December 30, 2006

Christmas is Over!


After shopping, wrapping and preparing for weeks, it is over so quickly. I took the week before Christmas off work so I could enjoy it this year and I really did. It was nice to wrap gifts as I bought them, take my time picking them out and generally enjoy the season.

Joey made it complete by arriving on 12/19 and we all enjoyed Alexis' birthday on 12/20. It is hard to believe she is 5 years old already. Although she will tell you she is "Ooo" (five in Chinese, she tells us). My darling granddaughter also told me that "smoking is cho cho", which means "stinky". Thanks, Alexis!

We sure missed Cat, Paul and Tate this year, as they were in Iowa with Paul's family. We know we have to share, but it is tough to have Christmas without them. Tate is growing so quickly, if you miss a month you don't recognize him.

We had a wonderful Christmas dinner with Joey, Laura, Alexis and Daniel, Karen, Mike and Catie and of course, Mike and Andy. The turkey was perfect and we all stuffed ourselves.

This vacation has been wonderful and well earned. Days on end of staying up late, just doing what we want. I have been working on a new quilt, Joe has been doing various home repairs (I am sure he loves THAT) and Mike and Andy are camped out on their computers. The best part of the week was when Mikey got banned from WOW for 3 days and we actually saw him. Although with a new car in the driveway, he wasn't too unhappy.

Justin spent Christmas eve with us, which felt just right. He is our official extra kid. Paco was happy to snuggle up with his owner, as usual.

No comments: